Request to Skate / Release Info (Waterloo Ravens Girls Minor Hockey Association )

PrintRequest to Skate / Release Info

NO permission to skate forms may be used for the period between January 1st and two days after ALL the Provincial Championships for any teams during the current season

Special note: Any Waterloo players attending tryouts for the NEXT season must attend a minimum of 1 tryout before a permission to skate (PTS) will be given.  If a player requests a PTS at that time, it will be signed by the Director of Rep or the Director Coaching and Player Development.

If you require a Permission to Skate, please complete the Permission_to_Skate_Form_2017_2018 (PDF)  and email your completed form to: [email protected] 

The e-mail must include the following information or it will not be processed:

  • the player's name
  • the player’s date of birth
  • last team played for
  • the name of the association holding the tryout and the specific team level
  • the start and finish dates of the tryouts

Requests must be submitted in this format only. If you are planning on participating in try-outs with more than one team,  you must submit a request for each required PTS form.  Incomplete information will result in delays in processing your request. Make sure all required data is included. Verbal requests for PTS forms will not be processed.

We will need at least 48 hours to prepare these forms and get them back to you so please ensure that you provide sufficient time to process your request.

Once completed you will be advised by email on where you can pick up the completed form.

Requests for Player Release

Any player currently registered with the Waterloo Girls Minor Hockey Association requiring a Player Release form must complete FINAL_-_OWHA_Player_Release form and forward their request by email to [email protected]

The e-mail must include:

  • the player’s name
  • the player’s date of birth
  • the division the player will be in for the Current season

Player releases will not be issued for players who have not fulfilled their financial obligations to WGMHA or who have not returned all WGMHA equipment.


You do not need a Player Release or a Permission to Skate form for the following


  • Joining or trying out for a different team within the same organization
  • Moving from boys’ hockey to girls’ hockey
  • Moving from girls’ hockey to boys’ hockey
KW Rangers PWHL Team


Printed from on Friday, January 18, 2019 at 7:29 AM